Admission to the Monterey Institute is based on a candidate's prior academic performance, professional experience, and foreign language proficiency.
You will find our admissions requirements organized by program:
- Fisher International MBA
- International Education Management
- International Environmental Policy
- International Policy Degrees
- Nonproliferation and Terrorism Studies
- Master of Public Administration
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Teaching a Foreign Language
- Translation & Interpretation Degrees
- Bachelor of Arts in International Studies
Most students must demonstrate foreign language proficiency for successful admission. Whether you’re a native or non-native English speaker, please review our program-specific language requirements carefully before you apply for admission.