Why MIIS: Faculty
An institution is only as good as its faculty. You will get an amazing education at MIIS because the professors are active professionals who bring real world examples to the classroom.
Our faculty are some of the world’s foremost experts on topics ranging from chemical weapons to micro-enterprise development to language education.
They serve as board members for well-known international organizations, they work on international projects between semesters, and they consult for high-profile clients. Our faculty know what they are talking about because they are still active in the field, and they are your teachers. They are friendly and approachable, and one of your best resources for a high quality education.
…have leadership positions in organizations such as:
- The International Research Foundation for English Language Education
- American Translators Association
- Save Our Shores
- UN Environment Programme’s Expert Advisory Group on Environment, Conflict, and Peacebuilding
- Council on Foreign Relations
- Amnesty International
…serve on editorial boards of professional journals such as:
- French Review, the official journal of the American Association of Teachers of French
- Journal of Ocean and Coastal Economics
- The Asian Journal of English Language Teaching
- Journal of International Commerce and Economics
…are involved in research projects with these topics:
- The use of technology in language teaching
- Emerging markets in Global Economic and Environmental governance
- How US institutions of higher education can better prepare students for international careers
- Terrorism in South Asia
- Migration issues in the Americas and the intersection between development, human security and human rights