Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
When can I begin working?

You can only begin employment if you have received authorization (see 3rd page of your I-20) from Student Services .

CPT is approved per work experience . Once you receive approval, you will receive an I-20 with the work authorization details including the name of the company and approved dates.  You will need to show your employer the third page of the I-20 with CPT authorization to begin working.

When am I eligible for CPT?

For an F-1 student to be eligible for CPT, they must: