Since 2004, Ms. Stephanie Lieggi has worked on CNS export control-related publications, first as managing editor of the Asian Export Control Observer and later as Associate Editor-in-Chief of the International Export Control Observer. As part of her export control-related work, she has researched various illicit smuggling and export control violation cases, including the AQ Khan network.
Before coming to Monterey, she worked for four years at the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons and two years as a researcher at the Australian Embassy in Beijing.
- US-China bilateral relations
- China’s nonproliferation and export control policies
- Illicit trafficking in Asia
- Strategic Trade Management and 1540 Implementation in Asia
- Nuclear energy development and nuclear security in Asia
- M.A. in International Policy Studies from the Monterey Institute of International Studies
- B.A. in Political Science from the University of California in San Diego