Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
My prior coursework at another school seems to be identical to one of the courses required for my degree. Can I be waived from taking this course and use those credits to take elective courses?

It may be possible to be waived from a degree requirement, the credits would then become additional elective credits for your degree program.  Complete the Petition for Waiver of Academic Regulations, attach your transcripts, a course description and syllabus.