Jonah Leff (MPA '06) talks about his work as a UN Weapons Inspector in Sudan and Somalia.
Author Reza Aslan and Kiva Co-Founder Jessica Jackley to Lead MIIS Executive Ed Course on Social Media
February 2, 2012
On February 17-18 the Monterey Institute and Aslan Media will host a two-day executive education course offering insights on “Harnessing the Power of Social Media, Youth Movements and Dynamic Markets.” The course will be held at the Monterey Institute and will offer training in:
- Leveraging the current dynamic of online activism and global youth movements.
- Engaging, informing, and educating the public through social media.
- Increasing brand awareness
- Increasing an organization’s capacity for action and change through social media.
- Identifying untapped niches in the marketplace that can be leveraged to extend an organization’s reach.
Author, activist and Aslan Media founder Reza Aslan and Kiva co-founder Jessica Jackley will lead this training, with special guest lectures and presentations by leaders in the nonprofit, business, marketing, and technology sectors.
Like this story? Here are a few suggestions:
The American University in Cairo and the Monterey Institute partnered to offer a 10-day project-management training program in Cairo this January, modeled on the popular three-week Development Project Management Institute (DPMI).