Here are the instructions, requirements, dates & times and other details about language placement testing.
Taking the Language Placement Test
Our language placement tests assist MIIS professors in placing students in an appropriate language class for their levels. Administered online, the language placement tests are required before students are able to enroll in language courses.
Please take the test of the language you chose for your Language of Study (LOS) This is the language you chose on your application form to pursue as part of the degree program at MIIS. You can take more the one language test if you wish. Please complete the test within the testing window listed below. Otherwise, registration will be delayed for new students until language test results are received.
Note that placement test results are only honored for the particular semester in which the test is taken. Students not enrolled in language study for one or more semesters must retake the language placement test before receiving approval for a related language course.
The following students are not required to take a language placement exam:
|MATESOL students not taking EAPP (English) courses or other language courses||BUT... If you are a MATFL student planning to teach a language that is not your native language, or an MATESOL student wishing to take courses in EAPP (English) or in any other language program, you must take the appropriate language test.|
If you are a Non-degree student, you are not required to take any language courses. However, if you plan to take courses in the EAPP (English) program or in any other language program, you must take the appropriate language test.
|Translation and Interpretation students||BUT....If you are a Translation & Interpretation student who wishes to take courses in EAPP (English) or in any other language studies program, you must take the appropriate language test.|
About the Test
Testing Dates & Times
Tests are offered online during the week preceding orientation (January 16-20 for 2017).
Available: 9:00 AM on January 16, 2017
Closes: 5:00 PM on January 20, 2017
Requirements & Test Duration
- Student ID Numbers are required to take the test.
- Once started, you must complete the test; however, you can log in to the testing site any time during the testing dates (listed above)
- Allow at least 2 hours to take the test.
- Take the test in a quiet location with a strong (stable) internet connection (e.g., Starbucks, McDonalds are not advised!).
- A secure browser is used to administer our language placement tests.
Take the Language Placement Test!
- Return to this page any time on or after January 16, 2017.
- Once started, you must complete the test; however, you can log in to the testing site any time during the testing dates (listed above).
- CLICK HERE to receive your testing code-needed to take the test.