Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey

International Faculty & Staff

Visiting Faculty, Staff, & Researchers


The Institute's graduate schools and research centers invite international visiting professors, researchers, and scholars to participate in programs and/or to work at the institution.

There are different types of visa classifications used by the Institute, in which a visiting professor, researcher, or scholar may enter the U.S. Within each type there is specific information regarding employment, enrollment in classes, travel and re-entry, limitations and extensions of stay, and dependents.

J-1 Exchange Professor, Researcher, or Short-term Scholar

H-1B Temporary Worker in a Specialty Occupation

TN Professional under NAFTA

LPR Lawful Permanent Resident

B-1 Visitor for Business