Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
Where can you work while in OPT?

You can engage in OPT for any employer in the US. as long as the employment is related to your field of study and the work is appropriate for master level's work. You may work for more than one employer and/or change employers without USCIS authorization during your authorized OPT period, but you must remember to report your employment to OIS. The work may be paid or unpaid.  You may work as an independent contractor or even your own business.