Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey

Tax Information

Tax Information

Generally U.S. Citizens and non-U.S. Citizens alike who receive any type of income, e.g., salary, stipend, honorarium, scholarship, etc., are required to file a federal tax return as well as a state tax return, in most cases. Tax forms are filed on a yearly basis for the previous calendar year. The Tax Manager's Office at Middlebury College will e-mail all international students the appropriate tax forms that they will be responsible for in mid-February.

Most students will have a filing obligation regardless of their visa status or the length of their program.

Middlebury Tax Manager

You will receive periodic email from the Tax Manager at Middlebury. Please follow the instructions to access the documents you need to submit. Print the documents, sign them and drop them off at the Student Services front desk. Have questions about your documents? Please contact the Tax Manager at taxmanager@middlebury.edu.

Helpful Links

You may find these links helpful in answering your tax-related questions.