When am I eligible for CPT?
For an F-1 student to be eligible for CPT, they must:
- Have been a full-time student for at least one academic year (two semesters);
- Be in F-1 status
- If applying for summer CPT approval, you must be registered for 12 units prior to CPT approval;
- Receive a support letter from your Academic Advisor;
- Have a letter from your prospective employer (see additional details below)
- Be enrolled in a program that requires an internship OR register for a course that requires an internship/work experience.