Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
When am I eligible for CPT?

For an F-1 student to be eligible for CPT, they must:

  • Have been a full-time student for at least one academic year (two semesters);
  • Be in F-1 status
  • If applying for summer CPT approval, you must be registered for 12 units prior to CPT approval;
  • Receive a support letter from your Academic Advisor;
  • Have a letter from your prospective employer (see additional details below)
  • Be enrolled in a program that requires an internship OR register for a course that requires an internship/work experience.