Use the checklist to make sure you have completed your application correctly.
Complete the DS-2019 Application
Copy of informational page(s) of your passport: Showing your name, date of birth and passport expiration date. While most passports have this on one page, there are some cases where you may need to submit multiple pages of your passport.
Bank Letter/Statement: Must be in English, be issued no earlier than 6 months prior to your program start date and contain the following information:
• Name of the bank: Preferably on the financial institution’s letterhead and/or stamped by bank personal
• Name of the account holder
• Type of account: funds need to be immediately available to the student, such as in a checking/savings account. Funds that are invested (mutual funds or tied up assets) cannot be used to show financial support.
• Currency of funds: preferable in USD, if your bank cannot issue the statement with currency conversion, the document must clearly state the currency of funds listed.
If your financial institute is unable to issue a statement in English, a certified translated copy can be submitted with the original document.
Sponsor Letter: If you will have a financial sponsor (parent, relative, and/or private) then they must fill out and sign the Sponsor Letter, which should include the following:
• Name of Sponsor
• Length of sponsorship
• Amount of sponsorship or costs covered
This document should be signed by the representative providing the letter and be on letterhead of the organization.
Dependents: For any dependent that will accompany you, a copy of their passport information page will be required and additional financial support will need to be shown. A dependent is defined as a spouse or child.
1. Mail your documents to:
Office of Student Services
Middlebury Institute of International Studies
460 Pierce Street
2. Email your (scanned) documents to:
Emailed documents must be in a readable, PDF file format. Unreadable documents will be returned to you and may delay your the processing of your visa application.