Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
What is an F-1 Visa

The F-1 status allows a you to remain in the U.S. as long as you are a properly registered full-time student.  F-1 student status permits you to work on-campus during your program of study.  You may also be eligible for off-campus employment, Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or Optional Practical Training (OPT) during your program.  To apply for an F-1 visa and to enter the U.S. as an F-1 student, you must obtain an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility Form from the Middlebury Institute of International Studies. To obtain the I-20, please complete the I-20 Application.

If you are currently studying in the U.S. on an F-1 or other student visa, please be sure to indicate that on your I-20 Application; special procedures for completing the I-20 transfer process will apply.