The Monterey Institute of International Studies is committed to providing accommodations for students with disabilities in accordance to the 1973 Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Requesting Disability Accommodations
The Monterey Institute takes great pride in the achievements of its students who have overcome physical setbacks in life. MIIS is committed to providing equal and integrated access for individuals with disabilities to all of the academic, social, and cultural programs that are offered on campus. Any student who requires reasonable accommodations for a disability based on the appropriate documentation must apply for those services through the Office of Student Services.
The application is simple and easy; please follow the instructions to make sure that you get the accommodations you need to succeed at MIIS.
- Complete the Application for Disability Accommodations
- Submit official disability documentation that clearly identifies the type of disability and recommended accommodations.
- Applicants must meet the requirements for supplementary materials.
- Supporting documentation must be issued by a qualified, licensed professional (i.e., physician, diagnostician).
- Documentation must be printed on letterhead, signed, and dated by a qualified, licensed professional.
- Students must submit the application and supporting documentation before they can receive any accommodations.
- Documentation, written or typed, in a language other than English must be translated and notarized.
Students must submit their application and supporting documents to the Assistant Dean of Student Services, in the Office of Student Services, no later than three weeks before he/she would like their accommodation(s) to begin.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Student Services.