Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey

Disability Services

MIIS recognizes and supports the standards set forth in Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 which are designed to eliminate discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities. The Institute is committed to making reasonable accommodations for qualified students with disabilities as required by law.

Service Dogs on Campus

Any student who requires a service dog must register the dog with the Office of Student Services. This would include official documentation confirming the reason for the service dog and documentation confirming that the dog is properly certified as a service dog. This information can be sent directly to Ashley Arrocha, Associate Dean of Student Services at aarrocha@miis.edu.

Requesting Disability Accommodations

The Institute is committed to providing equal and integrated access for individuals with disabilities to all of the academic, social, and cultural programs that are offered on campus. Any student who requires reasonable accommodations for a disability based on the appropriate documentation must apply for those services through the Office of Student Services.

The application is simple and easy; please follow the instructions to make sure that you get the accommodations you need to succeed at MIIS.

Application Procedures
  1. Complete the Application for Disability Accommodations
  2. Submit official disability documentation that clearly identifies the type of disability and recommended accommodations.
  3. Applicants must meet the requirements for supplementary materials.
Application Requirements
  • Supporting documentation must be issued by a qualified, licensed professional (i.e., physician, diagnostician).
  • Documentation must be printed on letterhead, signed, and dated by a qualified, licensed professional.
  • Students must submit the application and supporting documentation before they can receive any accommodations.
  • Documentation, written or typed, in a language other than English must be translated and notarized.

Students must submit their application and supporting documents to the Assistant Dean of Student Services, in the Office of Student Services, no later than three weeks before he/she would like their accommodation(s) to begin.

If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Student Services.