Thinking about fundraising for your Student Club? Find out how here.
Fundraising Procedures and Guidelines
Student groups may be allowed to raise funds on campus to defray costs of a limited number of special Institute-approved projects. The Office of Student Services at the Monterey Institute gives approval to student organizations to raise money on campus and the Office of Institutional Advancement approves all off-campus fundraising initiatives.
Only groups that are recognized by the Student Council and the Office of Student Services may engage in any fundraising activities. Fundraising on the Institute’s behalf (or use of the Institute’s Federal Tax ID number) without express authorization of Student Services and the Advancement Office is a violation of this policy.
On-Campus Fundraising Ideas
Groups need to:
- Have all requests for fundraising activities reviewed by the Director of Student Life or the Assistant Dean of Student Services.
- Have all requests for off-campus fundraising activities reviewed by the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Ensure that funds raised are to be used for Institute-related purposes consistent with the approved mission of the organization and objectives of the fundraising event.
- Solicit donations from alumni or other external constituencies.
- Solicit donations from local merchants without prior approval from the Office of Institutional Advancement. Please fill out the Off Campus Funding Request form.
- Directly solicit funds via campus mail or engage in door-to-door solicitation, either on or off campus.
- Maintain an off campus bank account for fundraising.
Institute-connected or quasi- or wholly- public (private, nonprofit, or for-profit) may not use Institute directories, lists, or other resources for the purpose of solicitation.
All funds collected in the name of the group must be turned over to the Office of Student Services for deposit into their Institute account no more than seven days after the event.
Additional Questions and Contact Information
For additional questions, please contact Kenley Butler, Director of Development, in Institutional Advancement