Student clubs wishing to host a forum or conference may qualify for forum funding.
Forum Funding Guidelines
The Student Council encourages the academic, professional and cultural interests of the Institute's student clubs by supporting those students who wish to host a large scale event such as a conference or panel. Please read below for more information
- Support the academic and cultural interests of MIIS students by providing thought-provoking and insightful perspectives on international topics.
- To bring together leading experts and professionals on topics important to MIIS students to our campus to share knowledge, experiences and provide opportunities to network.
- Speakers must be professional/accredited persons and organizations to speak or perform at a Student Council/Club sponsored forum.
- The event should provide interpretation services when available. The T&I program should be consulted.
- Joint club sponsorship by at least two clubs increases the strength of an application.
- There is no specification made to whether or not there should be a balanced perspective provided on an issue, but it must be clearly presented on whether or not this is the case.
Forum Funding Policies
- All Forum funding proposals must be presented to the Student Council (SC) in person at least 2 weeks prior to the event. Club must contact the SC President or Secretary to confirm attendance at the SC meeting.
- Click here for an example of a forum funding request presentation.
- Forum funding proposals must be complete with
- Name of Forum
- Purpose of Forum
- Date, Time, & Location of Event
- Sponsoring MIIS Club(s)
- Contact Person(s)
- Co-Sponsoring Clubs & Departments
- General description of proposed event. Be sure to explain how this activity supports the academic and cultural interests of MIIS students.
- Estimated Number of Attendees
- What T&I’s role will be regarding interpretation
- Marketing Plan
- Clubs must seek funding from respective programs and departments before applying for forum funds through the SC.
- The SC will vote on an approved amount to award for each forum. Clubs are strongly encouraged to not provide any financial compensation to speakers.
- If a club is applying for a second forum within the same academic year, priority consideration will be given to those who have not received forum funds. This is not a guarantee for secured funds, but this will be considered.
- Your club may not receive the full funding amount requested.