Whether a visitor, student, or member of Institute faculty and staff, the Security Department staff are committed to ensuring your stay will be safe and enjoyable by providing the highest level of security services possible.
Campus Security Responsibilities
- Issuance of photo identification cards
- Parking controls, including issuance of parking permits and enforcements
- Conducting after-hours safety escorts (on-campus ONLY)
- Maintaining a lost and found
- Assisting with vehicle lock outs by contacting the tow trucks and locksmith services
Reporting Illegal Activities
(Reports are filed to responsible staff and/or law enforcement)
- All activity relating to crimes
- Underage drinking
- Unauthorized possession of alcohol on campus
- Possession of weapons
Campus Security has access to criminal justice information systems records and routinely shares criminal investigations information with the Monterey Police Department, The Monterey County Sheriff's Department and other law enforcement agencies. Statistical information regarding criminal activity of a significant nature is maintained as required by the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the United States Department of Education.
- Available 7 days a week/24 hours a day between locations on campus.
- Dial extension 4153 on a MIIS phone or 831.647.4153 from a cell phone or another off-campus line.
- Additionally, there are blue campus phones for direct access to Campus Security. Students are encouraged to use the phones anytime security is needed.
- 24/7 - Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week
- Monday - Friday
8:30 am 4:30 pm
- Business-related issues - contact the Director of Campus Security during normal business hours