Volunteering for the Monterey Institute Annual Fund is a great way to connect with classmates and help shape the Institute’s future. There are many opportunities to get involved!
- Class Agents: You can volunteer to be a representative of your class. Class agents assist the Institutional Advancement Office to communicate the impact of annual gifts to the MIIS Annual Fund, and thank those who have given. To volunteer to be a Class Agent, please contact Ali Cameron, the Annual Fund Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 831.647.3523.
- Graduating Class Challenge: It’s a MIIS tradition. Graduating students give because they know they benefitted from the generosity of those who came before them and they want to celebrate all that MIIS has to offer. Consider being a champion for your graduating class by helping to organize activities, advertising and celebrating your accomplishments. We urge you to show your appreciation for the MIIS experience by helping your fellow students continue this important tradition of philanthropic giving. For more details, please contact the Annual Fund Manager, Ali Cameron at email@example.com or call 831.647.3523.
- Phonathon: The Institutional Advancement Office invites alumni who possess good phone etiquette and want to reconnect with MIIS alumni. It’s an easy and fun way to give back to the Monterey Institute! Calling is conducted twice a year mid-semester in Fall and Spring. It’s simple, easy and can be done from the comforts of your own home. Contact the Annual Fund Manager, Ali Cameron, for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 831.647.3523.
- Alumni Chapter Officers: The MIIS Alumni Chapters are regional and represented on virtual social media platforms. Each chapter has a group of dedicated volunteers who will work with the Alumni Relations and Institutional Advancement Offices to coordinate and communicate upcoming events, updates about campus and the impact of annual giving. In addition, many alumni chapters work together to campaign for various causes or decide to pool their resources to create an endowed scholarship fund. To volunteer to be an officer in one of the alumni chapters, please contact the Volunteer Outreach Coordinator at 831.647.3558.
- Reunion Campaign: Your reunion is an occasion to renew ties with classmates and reflect on what MIIS means to you. It’s also a time for classes to come together in giving back. You can help encourage your fellow classmates to attend the reunion and make a gift. Many alumni (and alumni chapters) decide together to make multiyear pledges, while others combine annual gifts to the MIIS Annual Fund with the creation of an endowed scholarship fund. Contact the Director of Alumni Relations for more details at email@example.com or call 831.647.3558.