Students in the Translation and Localization Management program secure exciting full-time and internship positions with a variety of global organizations. Read on for specific employment data.
The following data is compiled from the May 2013 "At-Graduation Employment Report" and a new follow-up survey of May 2012 graduates one year after graduation, which had a response rate of 100%. Internship data is collected and reported by the Center for Advising and Career Services.
- 2012 TLM graduates who are employed—85%
- 2013 TLM graduates who are employed—87%
- Average annual base salary: $56,941 (source: 2012 One-Year Out Survey)
- Average full-time offers: $48,437 (source: May 2013 At-Graduation Employment Report)
"I continue to be amazed by the caliber of graduates the Monterey Institute turns out year after year. In particular, I'm impressed with the localization management skills that MIIS infuses in its students. Medialocate recruits many of its best project and account managers from the Monterey Institute because they come with language as well as business smarts specifically tailored to the needs of fast-paced, quality-driven technology firms in the Silicon Valley."
Stephan Lins, CEO, Medialocate
How did you find your current position?
- Monterey Institute facilitated—62%
- Independent search—38%
TLM Summer 2013 Internships
- Students seeking an internship who accepted an offer by May 21, 2013—91%
Source of Internship Experience
- Monterey Institute facilitated—87.5%
- Independent search—12.5%
- Ccaps, Brazil
- IDEM, Palo Alto, CA
- ISI, Los Angeles, CA
- Language Automation, San Mateo, CA
- LUZ (4 students), San Francisco, CA
- Medialocate (4 students), Pacific Grove, CA
- RR Donneley, Boston, MA
- Syntes, Centennial, CO
- United Nations, New York City, NY
- Venga (2 students), San Francisco, CA
Two years after graduating from the Monterey Institute‘s Translation and Localization Management… Read More »
Leading localization operations for a global corporation provides alumna Eva Klaudinyova with... Read More »
A Sunday Philadelphia Inquirer story highlights the multiple job offers received by graduating... Read More »