Advising Service Model
Our purpose is to partner with you to ensure that you have the best chance for success by providing you with the resources and support that develops your personal human capital.
The Center for Advising and Career Services provides students and alumni customized advising and professional development services empowering them to maximize their Monterey Institute experience and fulfill their academic and professional goals.
We view our advising relationship primarily as a coaching relationship focused on fostering your learning and development as a professional. We are committed to building collaborative relationships with you, grounded in mutual respect and trust. We add value to your experience by helping you integrate both the academic and career aspects of your education in a meaningful, purposeful way.
Our Commitment to You
- We greet and interact with each advisee as a valued colleague and offer prompt, relevant, customized service.
- We equip ourselves with the most current academic and career knowledge to share with all constituents.
- We provide abundant, easily accessible resources and opportunities to empower our advisees to maximize their academic and professional goals.
- We model professional behavior for our students and alumni to emulate.
- We offer a safe, non-judgmental space where advisees can express concerns in confidence.