We prepare students to research, analyze, evaluate, and respond effectively to the domestic and international terrorist threats.
Through our MA in Nonproliferation & Terrorism Studies, our students explore the nature of terrorism, the ideologies used to justify it and the organization, financing, and operational strategies and tactics used by terrorist groups. Our master's program also focuses on cybersecurity issues, counterterrorism policies, and the threat of weapons of mass destruction.
Students have the opportunity to conduct research for and collaborate with experts from the Monterey Terrorism Research and Education Program, participate in the Terrorism Studies Club, and attend cutting-edge events, while attending our graduate school.
Graduate Degrees & Programs
- Director of National Security Archive Illuminates Debate about Balancing Secrecy and Security
- MonTREP Student Researchers Present to Chinese Delegation
- "Terrorism and Counterterrorism in Africa" the Focus of Second Annual MonTREP conference
- 2013 in Review: High Level Visits, Alumni Reunion, Amazing Student Achievements
- Syria Crisis Draws Media to Experts at Monterey Institute and Center for Nonproliferation Studies