Be the Solution: Conflict Resolution
Our students promote conflict resolution and peace-building locally and globally through theory, research, and practice.
You have the opportunity to study conflict resolution and peace-building through the MA in International Policy Studies program. We also offer a Conflict Resolution Certificate program. Through our conflict resolution study programs, students develop the communication, negotiation, mediation, and dialogue skills necessary to promote conflict transformation and improve human security.
We recently launched the Center for Conflict Studies, a new research center of the Monterey Institute. The Center's goals include developing programs and publications that contribute to the theory and practice of the field of conflict studies. We emphasize bridging research and practice to better understand and manage conflicts effectively while advocating for non-violent change.
Degrees & Programs
- Spring Break @MIIS: Students Witness UN Negotiations for First Global Conventional Arms Treaty
- In Address at MIIS, UN Secretary-General Urges Support for Nonproliferation Education
- 2012 in Review: A Year of Great Achievements, New Programs and Amazing Students
- 12/6: Larry Cox, Former Executive Director of Amnesty USA, to Speak at MIIS
- Monterey Institute Announces New Veterans Scholarship Fund
Be the Solution
The Monterey Institute offers professional graduate degrees with an international focus. Our students, faculty, and alumni work on some of the most critical issues of our time.