Be the Solution: Conflict Resolution
Our students promote conflict resolution and peace-building locally and globally through theory, research, and practice.
You have the opportunity to study conflict resolution and peace-building through our Development Policy & Practice master's program, developing the communication, negotiation, mediation, and dialogue skills necessary to promote conflict transformation around the world.
Through our Development Policy & Practice master's program, you can choose either the Master of Public Administration (MPA) or MA in International Policy Studies, which emphasizes leadership and management in public policy and conflict resolution organizations. We also offer a Conflict Resolution certificate program for professionals and graduate students.
Our students are actively involved in the Center for Conflict Studies, which contributes to the theory and practice of the conflict resolution field through programs and publications. We emphasize bridging research and practice to better understand and manage conflicts effectively while advocating for non-violent change.
Graduate Degrees & Programs
- 2013 in Review: High Level Visits, Alumni Reunion, Amazing Student Achievements
- Former President of Kyrgyz Republic Shares Democratic Transition Experience with MIIS Students
- Syria Crisis Draws Media to Experts at Monterey Institute and Center for Nonproliferation Studies
- Miriam Fugfugosh: Monterey Institute “Family” Connections Extend to Geneva
- Spring Break @MIIS: Students Witness UN Negotiations for First Global Conventional Arms Treaty
Be the Solution
The Monterey Institute offers professional graduate degrees with an international focus. Our students, faculty, and alumni work on some of the most critical issues of our time.