Our students promote conflict resolution and peace-building locally and globally through theory, research, and practice.
Our one-year Conflict Resolution Certificate program gives you the opportunity to focus on conflict and peace studies at the Monterey Institute. You'll develop the communication, negotiation, mediation and dialogue skills necessary to promote conflict transformation around the world.
The Conflict Resolution Certificate program is available to both master's degree students within our Development Practice & Policy programs or professionals who wish to take their career to the next level.
Our students are actively involved in the Center for Conflict Studies, which contributes to the theory and practice of the conflict resolution field through programs and publications. We emphasize bridging research and practice to better understand and manage conflicts effectively while advocating for non-violent change.
Graduate Degrees & Programs
- 2013 in Review: High Level Visits, Alumni Reunion, Amazing Student Achievements
- Former President of Kyrgyz Republic Shares Democratic Transition Experience with MIIS Students
- Syria Crisis Draws Media to Experts at Monterey Institute and Center for Nonproliferation Studies
- Miriam Fugfugosh: Monterey Institute “Family” Connections Extend to Geneva
- Spring Break @MIIS: Students Witness UN Negotiations for First Global Conventional Arms Treaty