Our students promote conflict resolution and peace-building locally and globally through theory, research, and practice.
Our one-year Conflict Resolution Certificate program gives you the opportunity to focus on conflict and peace studies at the Monterey Institute. You'll develop the communication, negotiation, mediation and dialogue skills necessary to promote conflict transformation around the world.
The Conflict Resolution Certificate program is available to both master's degree students within our Development Practice & Policy programs or professionals who wish to take their career to the next level.
Our students are actively involved in the Center for Conflict Studies, which contributes to the theory and practice of the conflict resolution field through programs and publications. We emphasize bridging research and practice to better understand and manage conflicts effectively while advocating for non-violent change.
Graduate Degrees & Programs
- Center for Conflict Studies Launches Summer Peacebuilding Program
- Center for Conflict Studies Annual Conference to Focus on Water Issues
- Center for Conflict Studies Hosts “Impressive” Roundtable on Police Legitimacy in Communities of Color
- 2013 in Review: High Level Visits, Alumni Reunion, Amazing Student Achievements
- Former President of Kyrgyz Republic Shares Democratic Transition Experience with MIIS Students