Thank you for volunteering to be an Alumni Ambassador for the Middlebury Institute. When it comes to sharing the MIIS experience, you are our best and most valuable resource—because you’ve lived it! We appreciate your enthusiasm and are delighted such an impressive group has offered to share its time and energy with future students who are considering joining our community.
To stir up a little nostalgia for what a transformative place this can be, watch this video:
Your Role As an Alumni Ambassador
- Make personal connections with prospective students. Share your Institute experiences and offer help with decisions about enrolling.
- Represent the Institute at events and fairs in your community.
You’re not expected to answer detailed questions about financial aid, costs, curriculum, admission policies, etc. For these kinds of questions, please direct the students to their enrollment advisor.
- Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can better understand your background and make meaningful connections.
- When we identify a prospective student who is a good match, we’ll email you to make sure you’re available.
- Once you confirm, we’ll connect you and the prospect via email.
- Please reach out to the prospect to confirm the best way (phone, Skype, email, in person) and time for you to communicate.
- Once you’ve connected, you'll have the opportunity to fill out a short survey and give us feedback.
- If a recruiting event is planned for your area, we’ll email you the details to see if you’re available to join us.
What Sets Us Apart
As an Institute graduate, you know firsthand that since 1955 we’ve set the standard in graduate education for careers in the international field—from translation and interpretation to international policy, business, and environmental studies. When we joined forces with Middlebury in 2005 and renamed the Institute last year, we only strengthened our mission.
If you haven’t seen it yet, take a moment to explore the online viewbook of the Institute we share with prospective students.
For a quick Institute overview, click here.
Your Feedback Is Important
Thanks again for your support and enthusiasm for the Middlebury Institute. We truly value your individual perspective—and your willingness to share it with future students. We look forward to your feedback and any recommendations, as we will be evaluating this pilot program at the end of the year and hoping to make it useful and effective for everyone involved.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.