How many Yellow Ribbon veterans can participate?
We have agreed to accept up to 75 veterans per academic year. Awards will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. We accept applications on a rolling basis to our bachelor's and master's programs for fall or spring semester. Learn how to apply >>
What steps do I take to participate in the Monterey Institute’s Yellow Ribbon program?
- Apply for the Post-9/11 GI Bill at the Veterans ON-Line APPlication Website (VONAPP)
- Submit your certificate of eligibility VA letter to our Financial Aid Office at the Monterey Institute
- Submit a paper application to the Monterey Institute and receive a waiver of the $50 application fee
- Submit copies of transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate work completed (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
- Submit a copy of your registration for the semester in which you are requesting benefits
- Submit all requested documents by mail or fax to 831.647.6685
Where can I find more information?
You can find comprehensive information about the educational benefits available through the Montgomery GI Bill or Post-9/11 GI Bill, including eligibility requirements, on the GI Bill website.
Will I be eligible for other Monterey Institute scholarships?
All admitted applicants to the Monterey Institute are considered for merit-based scholarships. These awards generally range from $4,000 to $16,000 per academic year. Since our maximum scholarship offering is less than the benefits available through the Yellow Ribbon Program, you will be considered for the Yellow Ribbon program first. Merit scholarships will be forfeited if you receive veterans' benefits.
Admitted veterans who do not receive Yellow Ribbon Program funds will receive special consideration for our merit-based scholarships.
Am I eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program?
You may be eligible if you have served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001 of at least 36 months, have been honorably discharged from active duty or for a service related disability with 30 consecutive days after September 10, 2001, or are a dependant eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria.