We're proud to be a Military Friendly School, placing us in the top 20% of U.S. schools. We hope to welcome you in our next class of students!
Veterans at the Monterey Institute
Transform your military service into a civilian career through one of our internationally-focused bachelor's or master's degree programs.
We offer 100% tuition coverage for qualifying veterans through the Post-9/11 GI Bill and the Yellow Ribbon Program. Explore our degree programs and the veterans' benefits available to you below.
Eligible Degree Programs
You can receive veterans' benefits for the following bachelor's and master's programs:
International Policy & Business
- MA in Environmental Policy
- MA in International Education Management
- MA in International Policy: Human Security & Development
- MA in Nonproliferation and Terrorism Studies
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- MBA in International Management
- Joint BA in International Studies and MA in International Policy or Nonproliferation & Terrorism Studies (3 Years)
Translation, Interpretation and Language Education
- MA in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- MA in Teaching a Foreign Language
- MA in Translation and Interpretation
- MA in Translation and Localization Management
Available for up to 75 Veterans per Year
To assist veterans with their educational goals, we have enrolled in the Yellow Ribbon Program, part of the Post-9/11 GI Bill. The Monterey Institute and the Veterans Administration (VA) will guarantee complete tuition payment for up to 75 eligible veterans each academic year to attend one of our world-class degree programs.
If you are not active duty and are 100% eligible for Ch. 33 Post-9/11, you are eligible for Yellow Ribbon benefits.
If you are eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program, please contact the one of our financial aid counselors after you have been admitted, as we will make awards based on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please note that the total award is based on the number of credits registered. Based on 12 credits, you will be provided with the following funds:
|Up front payment by VA||$19,198.31|
|Monterey Institute contribution||$7,885.85|
|VA matched contribution||$7,885.85|
The Monterey Institute has agreed to
- Provide contributions to eligible individuals who apply for the Yellow Ribbon Program on a first-come first-served basis, regardless of the rate at which you pursue training in any given academic year;
- Provide contributions during the current academic year and all subsequent academic years in which the student maintains satisfactory academic progress, conduct and attendance;
- Make contributions toward the program on behalf of the individual in the form of a grant;
- Contribute a maximum of $7,885.85 for each participant during the academic year, based on 12 credits;
- Guarantee to fund up to 75 veterans for the academic year
- Apply for the Post-9/11 GI Bill at the Veterans ON-Line APPlication Website (VONAPP)
- Submit your certificate of eligibility VA letter to our Financial Aid Office at the Monterey Institute
- Submit a paper application to the Monterey Institute and receive a waiver of the $50 application fee
- Submit copies of transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate work completed (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
- Submit a copy of your registration for the semester in which you are requesting benefits
- Submit all requested documents by mail or fax to 831.647.6685