Transform your years of military service into a civilian career in international development, business, translation and interpretation, language education and more!
To receive education funding, veterans should apply for benefits at least 30 days in advance of the start of the academic term with the Veterans Administration (VA).
Refer to the GI Bill's website for important details and frequently asked questions.
As part of our commitment to assist veterans with their educational goals, the Monterey Institute has enrolled in the Yellow Ribbon Program. The Monterey Institute and the Veterans Administration (VA) will guarantee complete tuition payment for up to 75 veterans each academic year to attend one of our world-class master’s degree programs.
- Apply for the Post-9/11 GI Bill at the Veterans ON-Line APPlication Website (VONAPP)
- Submit your certificate of eligibility VA letter to the Financial Aid Office
- Submit a paper application to the Monterey Institute and receive a waiver of the $50 application fee
- Submit copies of transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate work completed (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
- Submit a copy of your registration for the semester in which you are requesting benefits
Submit all requested documents by mail or fax to 831.647.6685
Please note that the total award is based on the number of units registered. For the 2012-2013 academic terms, based on 12 units, you will be provided with the following funds:
|Up front payment by VA||$4029|
|Monterey Institute contribution||$5985.50|
|VA matched contribution||$5985.50|
The Monterey Institute has agreed to
- Provide contributions to eligible individuals who apply for the Yellow Ribbon Program on a first-come first-served basis, regardless of the rate at which the individual is pursuing training in any given academic year;
- Provide contributions during the current academic year and all subsequent academic years in which the student maintains satisfactory academic progress, conduct and attendance;
- Make contributions toward the program on behalf of the individual in the form of a grant;
- Contribute a maximum of $11,971 for each participant during the academic year, based on 12 units;
- Guarantee to fund up to 75 veterans for the 2012-2013 academic year
A veteran may be eligible if
- S/he served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months;
- S/he was honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and they served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001;
- S/he are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above.
If you are eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program, please contact the Financial Aid Office after you have been admitted, as we will make awards based on a first-come, first-served basis.