Do you want to boost your language skills or learn a new language in preparation for your master’s or bachelor’s program? If you’re an admitted student, you may qualify for a summer language scholarship.
Summer Language Scholarship Award
June to August, 2016
To qualify for the 2016 summer language scholarship, you must be admitted to a degree program for Fall Semester 2016 at the Middlebury Institute.
You will be placed either in the Summer Intensive Language Program (SILP) in Monterey, or Middlebury Summer Language Schools based on your language level:
- Tuition scholarships will be awarded for the Institute's Summer Intensive Language Program or the English Preparation for Graduate Students programs
- A limited number of scholarships for tuition, room and board will be awarded for the Middlebury Language Schools in either Middlebury, Vermont or at Mills College in Oakland, California
- Arabic - Beginning or Intermediate
- Chinese (Mandarin) - Intermediate
- English - English Preparation for Graduate Studies
- French - Beginning or Intermediate
- Japanese - Intermediate
- Russian - Intermediate
- Spanish - Beginning or Intermediate
Summer Language Scholarship Eligibility
You will qualify for a scholarship by demonstrating your need to improve your language skills or learn a new language in order to meet the language proficiency requirements for your degree program.
Eligible Degree Programs
Application Deadline: January 30th
- Complete your application for the Summer Language Scholarship by January 30, 2016
- Submit your Middlebury Institute application for a master's degree program by January 30, 2016