Want to learn a new language? Or improve your language skills before beginning your master's degree program? Apply for the Yu/Deppman and Ramaswamy Scholarships for Summer Language Study!
Summer Language Scholarships:
June to August, 2015
These scholarships offer you the opportunity to take advantage of the combined language and international study resources of the Middlebury Institute and Middlebury Language Schools. To qualify for the scholarship, you must be admitted to a degree program for Fall Semester 2015 at MIIS. You may apply for admission to our master's and bachelor's degree prorams and this scholarship simultaneously.
You will be placed either in the Summer Intensive Language Program (SILP) in Monterey, or Middlebury Summer Language Schools in various locations based on your language/level. The program placement will be done by the scholarship selection committee.
Through this offer, two types of awards will be made:
- Scholarships for tuition only will be awarded for the Institute's Summer Intensive Language Program (SILP) or the English Preparation for Graduate Students (EPGS) programs
- A limited number of scholarships for tuition, room and board will be awarded for the Middlebury Language Schools in either Middlebury, Vermont or at Mills College in Oakland, California
- Arabic - Beginning or Intermediate
- Chinese (Mandarin) - Intermediate
- English - English Preparation for Graduate Studies (EPGS)
- French - Beginning or Intermediate
- Japanese - Intermediate
- Russian - Intermediate
- Spanish - Beginning or Intermediate
We offer summer language scholarships for students admitted to one of the following degree programs for fall semester 2015:
In addition to applying for a degree program at MIIS, you will qualify by demonstrating your need to pursue this language in order to meet the admission requirements for our degree programs. You will still be required to take the advanced language and intercultural competency credits for your degree program once you are enrolled at MIIS.
By fall semester 2015, you must demonstrate that you meet the language proficiency requirements for your degree program at the Institute. Review your program's language requirements to see if you could benefit from this scholarship opportunity for summer language study.
Students who successfully complete their summer language studies could meet the Institute's entry requirements. Please note that before they enroll in our language program at the graduate school, students must pass a placement test indicating they are ready to begin their studies at the appropriate level.
To apply for the Summer Language Scholarship, submit the following items: