Alumni of the Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program are eligible for preferential consideration for a Middlebury Institute merit scholarship.
JET Scholarship Award
We recognize JET students and their commitment to service, language learning and cross-cultural communication as a valuable part of our campus community and global alumni network. JET alumni may qualify for preferential consideration for the Middlebury Institute merit scholarship.
JET Scholarship Eligibility
JET alumni qualify for the scholarship if you meet certain eligibility criteria:
- You must meet the admissions requirements to your degree program of choice.
- You must complete your JET service by the time of enrollment, though you may be currently serving during the time of application.
How to Apply
To apply and receive preferential scholarship consideration:
- Submit your application for one of our degree programs by the next priority deadline.
- You may also waive your application fee at go.miis.edu/JETwaiver.
- Please also submit a separate written statement (100-200 words) to email@example.com including the following information:
- Organization or school where you taught (including location)
- Dates of service
- Short description of what you did in that position
Learn more about the Japan Exchange and Teaching Program »