Applicants to Monterey Institute degree programs may apply for a need-based institutional grant with a separate application. These grants are awarded to supplement existing forms of aid for students demonstrating financial need.
About Our Need-Based Grant
The Monterey Institute offers need-based grants of up to $5,000. These grants are awarded in addition to merit scholarships and do not need to be repaid. Applicants who submit all required materials and demonstrate financial need will be considered for the limited funds available. There is a $28 application fee to apply, and the priority deadline for Spring 2014 applicants is November 15, 2013.
All prospective and admitted degree-seeking U.S. and international students are invited to apply. Applicants for the need-based grant will be considered based on financial need once they submit the form and all necessary documents. Eligible applicants must meet these requirements:
Applicants must meet the requirements for admission to Monterey Institute degree programs, and be admitted to one of these programs. Please note that while prospective students may apply, we will only review applications for the need-based grant after the student has been admitted. Since we accept applications for admission to our degree programs on a rolling basis, you can apply to our programs at any time, and you can apply for financial aid at any time. These deadlines mentioned are optimal in order to be awarded available funds and to receive timely disbursement of funds.
- U.S. and international students are eligible to apply for this optional aid.
- Only applicants to degree programs are eligible for this grant (non-degree students are not eligible).
- Applicants are required to apply for the need-based grant every year, and financial need will be re-assessed with each application.
Submit your completed application for admission to a degree program plus all support documents including transcripts, test scores, letters of recommendation, resume and statement of purpose by the priority scholarship deadline. Late applications will be considered on a funds-available basis. Apply online.
To be considered for the need-based grant, all students must apply online with Need Access. Submit your Need Access form and support documents via the website www.needaccess.com by the priority deadline of November 15 for Spring 2014 admission. You will need your most recent tax information to complete the Need Access application. Be sure to allow enough time before the deadline to prepare all financial documents needed for the application.
- Submit the $28 application fee online with Need Access form. We are unable to offer fee waivers.
- If you were born after January 1, 1987, you will also need to answer questions regarding your parents' income and asset information unless you are married or have a dependent. If you are married, you will need to submit income and asset information for your spouse. Read more about this requirement in our Frequently Asked Questions.