Applicants to our degree programs may apply for a need-based grant. These grants are awarded to supplement existing forms of aid for students demonstrating exceptional financial need.
About Our Need-Based Grant
We offer a limited number of need-based grants of up to $4,000. These grants are awarded in addition to merit or need-based scholarships and do not need to be repaid.
If you submit our Middlebury Institute financial aid application and demonstrate exceptional financial need, you will be considered for the limited funds available.
All prospective and admitted degree-seeking U.S. and international students are invited to apply:
- Please note that while prospective students may apply, we will only review applications for the need-based grant after you have been admitted.
- U.S. and international students are eligible to apply.
- Only applicants to degree programs are eligible for this grant (Non-degree students are not eligible).
- Applicants are required to apply for the need-based grant every year, and financial need will be re-assessed with each application.
- Grants will only be awarded for the fall and spring semesters.
Submit your completed application for admission to a degree program plus all supporting documents including transcripts, test scores, letters of recommendation, resume and statement of purpose by the priority scholarship deadline. Late applications will be considered on a funds-available basis. Apply online.
To be considered for the need-based grant, you must submit our Middlebury Institute financial aid application. You will need your previous year's tax information to apply.
- If you are married, you will need to submit income and asset information for your spouse.