Loan Application Instructions
Congratulations in receiving your Financial Aid award letter offer and taking the first step to complete your education!
Sign the Master Promissory Note
- Web browsers Safari and Google Chrome do not display the green sign in button to log in. We recommend logging in using Internet Explorer or Firefox.
- You will need the same PIN that you used to complete your FAFSA in order to sign in and electronically sign the Direct Loan Master Promissory Note.
- When signing the MPN online, select:
- If you are a first time borrower, you will also have to complete the Stafford Loan Entrance Interview.
- If you have been awarded Grad PLUS Loan eligibility, you will need to complete a new Grad PLUS MPN on this website as well.
- HCEARA only affects Federal Loans (i.e. Stafford and Grad PLUS Loans). Private loans are not affected by this new law.
Steps to Signing the MPN
Now that you have received your award letter, there are a few things that need to be completed in order to receive the aid awarded to you.
Required steps to be completed (checklist):
- Review the award letter and contact our office to decline any awards offered.
- Log into www.studentloans.gov.
3. For incoming students only, complete Entrance Counseling. All students need to sign an MPN for the Stafford and Graduate Plus Loan. *Please take note that you need to sign two separate MPN's for the Stafford and Grad Plus Loans.
4. When signing the Master Promissory Note for the Stafford and Graduate Plus Loans:
5. Read and sign the Financial Aid Handbook Certification Page