Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey

Federal Pell Grant

The Pell Grant is a federal grant for undergraduate students with exceptional financial need.  Students must be admitted to an undergraduate degree program and be working toward their first bachelor's degree (can be less than 1/2 time).

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

The SEOG is a federal grant for undergraduates with exceptional financial need.  Priority is given to students who are eligible for a Pell Grant; then to other undergraduates with the greatest need.

Cal Grant A and B

The Cal Grants are for California residents only, who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program.  Cal Grant A is based on both income and GPA.  First time applicants must submit the FAFSA GPA Verification to the California Student Aid Commission by March 2.  Renewal Students must reapply by completing a FAFSA each year.  If awarded, an information booklet will be sent to you by the California Student Aid Commission.

State Grants  

For information on how to find state grants for other states, please visit: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-find-state-grants.html