Follow these steps to apply for financial aid and scholarships at the Middlebury Institute.
Apply for Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Review our estimated tuition and fees.
- To apply for merit or need-based scholarships, submit your online application for admission by the next priority deadline.
- If you're eligible for a partner scholarship, submit additional application materials.
- Learn how to apply for financial aid and be considered for loans and federal work-study.
- If you're a U.S. veteran, check your eligibility for our Yellow Ribbon Program.
- If you would like to improve your language skills, apply for a summer language scholarship.
Step 1: Submit Your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
US citizens, permanent residents, and other eligible non-citizens must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) before we can finalize your financial aid offer letter.
The FAFSA is generally available after January 1 of each year. We recommend that you complete your FAFSA form as soon after January 1 as possible. Our school code is 001241. Get started today by creating your Federal Student Aid ID »
We may ask you to submit additional documentation, such as a signed copy of your taxes or verification of citizenship status. We are required by federal regulations to verify this information before issuing a finalized financial aid offer letter. If we require additional information, we will contact you via email.
Step 2: Submit Your MIIS Financial Aid Application
Complete our MIIS financial aid application. After you submit your application, we will consider you for the following types of aid and issue an estimated financial aid offer letter:
- Federal Education Loans for U.S. Students
- Federal Work-Study for U.S. Students
- Private Loans for U.S. and International Students
Please apply as early as possible. While we do not have a formal deadline to apply for financial aid, we do have limited funding for many types of aid.
You do not need to wait until you have been admitted to one of our master's or bachelor's degree programs to apply for financial aid. However, we will not review your application until you've been admitted.
Step 3: Review Your Estimated Financial Aid Offer Letter
If you are an admitted student and you've submitted your MIIS financial aid application, you will be notified to log into our online portal to view your estimated financial aid offer letter.
Step 4: Complete Final Steps
We will guide you through any additional steps you need to take to finanalize and receive your financial aid award.
Step 5: Receive Your Financial Aid Award
If you have completed the required steps above and are registered for classes, your financial aid will be released at the beginning of the semester. We will credit your student account for the total amount.
If your financial aid award exceeds tuition and fees, we will issue you a refund check within the first two weeks of the semester.