8. When is the application deadline and how much is the cost?
January 2013 FMS Training
- Application Deadline: October 1, 2012.
- Applicants Notified: October 15 - October 20, 2012
- Program Deposit Due Date: November 1, 2012
- Application Deadline: November 1, 2012
- Applicants Notified: November 15 - 20, 2012
- Program Deposit Due Date: December 1, 2012
Two Week Trainings:
- $1,500 for Monterey Institute students and alumni (waived if enrolled in FMS academic courses)
- $2,500 for all other participants
One Week Training (summer only):
- $500 for Monterey Institute students and alumni (waived if enrolled in FMS academic courses)
- $1,000 for all other participants
Participants may choose to apply for the training program or both the training and field programs. Participants will receive an FMScouts Professional Certificate upon successful completion of either chosen program.
There is no fee for the field program, however, participants are normally responsible for transportation to their site location and room and board and other living costs.
All field assignments include a stipend of at least $200/month.
MIIS students can participate in the program at regular tuition rates (6 units for the training and 6 units for the field program).
*The FMS program fee is waived for Monterey Institute students enrolled in FMS academic courses through summer 2013. Starting in January 2014, the program fee will apply to MIIS participants seeking academic credit as well as those seeking only the professional certificate).
The program deposit is $500. The remainder of the program fee (when applicable) is due by the first hour of the training.