Friday, November 9, 2012 at 9:00 a.m.
Friday, November 9, 2012 at 11:30 a.m.
1. Annapurna Pandey: Co-‐existence of Tradition and Modern: An account of women weavers in Buddhist villages of Odisha
2. Joel Post: The Relation of Buddhism/Shintoism to Gender Roles in Japan
3. Manisha Sethi: Imagining an alternative model?: The case of Jain women renouncers
4. Abhilasha Sharma: Bel Bibaha among Newars of Nepal: A case for empowerment?
Friday, November 9, 2012 at 2:00 p.m.
1. Jay Poole: Being Gay in Rural Spaces: The Curriculums of Traditionalism, Conservatism and Fundamentalism and Their Influence on Identity as a Gay Male
2. Theresa Tobin: Spiritual Violence
3. Kathryn Poethig: Sexless Allies in Anti-Empire Interfaith Alliance
4. Raymond Aycock: Gay Evangelicals: Reconciling or Reforging Identity?
Friday, November 9, 2012 at 4:00 p.m.
1. Jennifer Colby: Sacred Female Images and Identity at the Crossroads: Guadalupe/Tonantzin
2. Emperatriz Guevara: Gender Equality for Hispanic Immigrant Women through Religious Participation
3. Athena Devlin: Fundamentalism and Gender Identity in Fiction and Film by Muslim Writers
4. Krishanti Dharmaraj: To Zen or not to Zen: The practice of women as agents of change
Saturday, November 10, 2012 at 8:30 a.m.
1. Alex Free: Gender differences among Jewish youth in the United States
2. Ingrid Lilly: “Let the Weakling say, ‘I am a Warrior’”: The Phantasmic Sword of Jerusalem’s Destruction in Hebrew Prophetic Literature
3. Mohamad Abdun Nasir: Sharia, the State and Gender: Women’s Judicial Divorces at Indonesian Religious Courts
4. Mahmoud Abdalla: The Impact of Arab Spring on National and Gender Identity
Saturday, November 10, 2012 at 10:15 a.m.
1. Beryl Esembe: Religious Fundamentalism and Gender Discrimination
2. Quinn Van Valer-Campbell: Dualism in Christian Science Church: A positive impact on Gender relations?
3. Sasha Sleiman: Women and the Coptic Church in Egypt
4. Mary Kay Schueneman: African American Women and Christian Mission in the Civil Rights Era
Saturday, November 10, 2012 at noon
1. Rachel Spory: Effects of Gender Myths on Religiously-‐Motivated Women in Peacebuilding and Post-‐ Conflict Civil Society Development
2. Rona Kabiri: The Role of Women in Afghanistan in the Last Century
3. Kristy L. Slominski: Religion and Gender in the Early Sex Education Movement in America
4. Omar Salem: Impact of Religion on Gender Voting Patterns in Utah