Spring 2017 Admission:
- July 15: Priority deadline
- August 15: 1st round deadline
How to Apply
To apply, visit our online application portal and sign in with your username and password.
- Online Application, which includes:
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Scholarship Statement
- $65 Application Fee
- Undergraduate Transcripts: Please mail these directly to the Admissions Office.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation Preferred: Please include contact details for your academic or professional references on the online application.
- Interview: In-person or via Skype
- Writing Sample and Interview: If the language you would like to teach differs from your native language, you will need to submit a writing sample within your application and participate in a telephone interview with a faculty member.
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores: Only for non-native English speakers.
- GRE Scores: We do not require GRE scores for this program. However, your scores may strengthen your application and positively influence scholarship decisions. Please use our four-digit institution code  to send us your scores.
Second Language Proficiency
If the language you would like to teach differs from your native language, you will need to submit a writing sample and complete a phone interview to demonstrate your language proficiency. The writing sample should be a 2-3 page document on any topic in your language of instruction. Our language faculty will contact you by phone or email to arrange the interview.
Non-Native English Speakers
Please submit TOEFL or IELTS scores from the past 2 years:
TOEFL Preferred Minimum: 100 Overall
IELTS Preferred Minimum: 7.5 Overall
Have questions about our language requirements? Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarships and Financial Aid
To apply for merit or need-based scholarships, submit your online application for the TFL - Teaching Foreign Language program by the next priority deadline. Both U.S. and international students are eligible. We don't cap the amount we award, and highly qualified students may receive a merit scholarship covering full tuition.
We give preferential scholarship consideration to members and alumni of our partner organizations, such as Peace Corps, Fulbright, JET, AmeriCorps, WorldTeach, and many more.
Financial aid is also available, including federal and private loans, work-study, and U.S. veterans' benefits. To apply, visit our Financial Aid section.