Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
What additional degrees or specializations are available?

Some students choose to stay an extra semester at MIIS (whether or not they do the Peace Corps program) and complete a specialization — i.e., they get additional education and specialized training. We currently offer specializations in (a) Language Program Administration (LPA), International Education Management (IEM), and (b) TESOL or TFL. (For example, if you are completing your M.A. degree in TESOL but are a proficient speaker of another language, such as Spanish, you can do an extra semester and get a the Institute specialization in teaching Spanish.) This is not the same as a state teaching credential. After completing two years of Peace Corps service teaching EFL, you are also eligible to apply directly for a California State teaching license. Edy Rhodes will give you the information. (See contact information above.)