Peace Corps Master's International (PCMI)
The combination of a master's degree and Peace Corps will give you the skills and the experience to make a real difference in the world.
PCMI Program Overview
Available to Fall and Spring incoming students (depending on program), the Peace Corp Master's International (PCMI) program uniquely prepares students to fulfill challenging Peace Corps field assignments in developing countries. While attaining a degree from the Monterey Institute and carrying out the Peace Corps mission, students gain valuable leadership experience.
How it Works
- PCMI students typically enroll for two to three semesters on the Monterey Institute campus to complete core classes, focused electives and foreign language requirements (if required).
- PCMI students then fulfill 27 months of Peace Corps service (3 months of training in country followed by 24 months of service).
- Upon completion of service, PCMI students return to the Monterey Institute campus to complete courses and/or capstone projects needed for graduation.
The Monterey Institute proudly offers opportunities to combine your Peace Corps service with the following academic programs:
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MA in International Environmental Policy
- MA in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
Scholarships Available to PCMI Students
Returned PCMI students are guaranteed a half-tuition scholarship for their final semester of study. The scholarship is dependent upon successful completion of the Peace Corps assignment. Please note that this scholarship replaces any other merit scholarship from the Monterey Institute. Students may also apply for financial aid for their studies at the Monterey Institute prior to Peace Corps service.
How to Apply
Prospective students should apply to the Monterey Institute and Peace Corps separately. Review admission requirements and apply to the Monterey Institute online. To learn more about applying for Peace Corps, visit the official Peace Corps website.