The combination of a master's degree and Peace Corps will give you the skills and the experience to make a real difference in the world.
The Peace Corps is retiring its Master’s International graduate school program. Students beginning PCMI by fall 2016 will still be able to participate. If you are interested, please apply to the Institute before July 10, our final deadline for a fall 2016 start.
Peace Corps Master's International Program Overview
Available to Fall and Spring incoming students (depending on program), the Peace Corp Master's International (PCMI) program uniquely prepares students to fulfill challenging Peace Corps field assignments in developing and third-world countries. While attaining a degree from the Institute and carrying out the Peace Corps mission, students gain valuable leadership experience.
How it Works
- PCMI students typically enroll for three semesters on the MIIS campus to complete core classes, focused electives and foreign language requirements (if required).
- PCMI students then fulfill 27 months of Peace Corps service (3 months of training in country followed by 24 months of service).
- Upon completion of service, PCMI students return to the MIIS campus to complete courses and/or capstone projects needed for graduation.
Combine Peace Corps with Academic Programs
The Institute proudly offers opportunities to combine your Peace Corps service with the following academic programs:
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- MBA in Global Impact Management
- MA in International Environmental Policy
- MA in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
Scholarships Available to PCMI Students
Returned PCMI students are guaranteed a scholarship covering 50% of their tuition for their final semester of study. The scholarship is dependent upon successful completion of the Peace Corps assignment. Please note that this scholarship replaces any other merit scholarship from the Institute. Students may also apply for financial aid for their studies at the Institute prior to Peace Corps service.
Admission Requirements & Applications
Prospective students need to apply to the Institute and Peace Corps separately.
1. Apply to the Institute:
2. Apply to the Peace Corps.