The Monterey Institute and Peace Corps have been partnering together for over 15 years.
- The Monterey Institute ranks third in the nation for Peace Corps Master’s International participation.
- 12 members of the faculty and staff are Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs).
- The Monterey Institute gives preferential scholarship consideration to all RPCVs.
- At any one time, there are usually 40-50 students at the Monterey Institute who are RPCVs.
- There is an active Peace Corps Club on campus.
- Dr. Beryl Levinger, Chair of the Public Administration Department, was the founder of the Fellows Program in 1985.
- The late Monterey Institute professor, Peter Grothe, created the name Peace Corps.
- The Monterey Institute celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Peace Corps with a day-long fest on October 8, 2011. View photo slideshow.