Personalize Your Education
Within the Master of Public Administration degree, students have multiple options to customize their educational experience. The degree includes optional concentration tracks and a professional practicum—a hands-on opportunity to apply what you’ve learned by working with international organizations and programs to help create positive social change in the world. Students with relevant prior coursework or professional experience may be eligible for accelerated (three-semesters) or advanced (two-semesters) degree options.
1. Pick Your Degree
- The Master of Public Administration (MPA) is a four-semester 60-credit program.
- The Joint MPA/MA International Education Management offers a multidisciplinary approach to education within the international development context.
- The Paul D. Coverdell Peace Corps Fellows Program accepts applications from Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs).
2. Choose Your Specialization
Students can choose one of the following seven optional specializations:
- Migration, Trafficking, and Human Security
- Global Poverty and Inequality
- Human Rights, Gender, and Identity
- Conflict Resolution and Social Justice
- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Design
- Financial Crime Management
- Intercultural Competence
3. Add Your Professional Practicum
Put theory into practice through a professional practicum in the field or related research course, such as:
- Design, Partnering, Management, and Innovation Plus (DPMI+)
- International Professional Service Semester Field Project
- Frontier Market Scouts Practicum
- Practicum Project Seminar
- Independent Practicum