Personalize Your Education
Every student has different interests and career goals, and different reasons for pursuing a MBA. The Middlebury Institute offers multiple degree options so you can customize your graduate education. Each degree includes a specialization track to focus to your studies in an area of interest and a capstone project—a hands-on opportunity to put your business, cross-cultural, and language skills to work in the global field.
- The One Year MBA is a full-time, residential degree for those with relevant work experience and business coursework. Students concentrate their coursework in one of three specialization tracks.
- The 20-month MBA is for applicants with little or no work experience or business coursework. Students take core courses during the first year, and the summer is free for internships and other work experience. In the second year, students join one of the three specialization tracks and complete a capstone project.
- Joint MBA/MA in International Environmental Policy is focused on integrating environmental sustainability goals and business practices
- Joint MBA/MA in International Policy and Development is focused on using business skills and tools for the development and support of business operations and strategy across borders.
- Peace Corps Master's International requires the completion of several semesters of academic work before serving their 27-month Peace Corps term service. Upon completion of service, students return to complete their final semester and earn their degree.
- Resilient Business Management focuses on risk management and sustainability for mainstream businesses under global challenges.
- Social Enterprise and Finance focuses on the management and financing of the new breed of business born or chartered to deliver social or environmental bottom lines and operate far beyond corporate social responsibility.
- Corporate Risk Management and Compliance focuses on financial crime, international fraud detection, money laundering, and compliance management in business.
Each track incorporates a real-world capstone project, which is a semester-long, for-credit project or field experience. The capstone allows students to apply their business and language skills in the U.S. or in an emerging market with local entrepreneurs and impact investors.