Language Teaching Online
Winter Term 2013 Online Courses
Introduction to Language Program Administration (ED 8660)
January 2-25, 2013
Presents a practical overview of problems, situations, and issues occurring in the management of language programs.
Seminar on Language Teacher Education (ED 8662)
January 2-25, 2013
Investigates issues related to language teacher training, education, and development.
Applicants to GSTILE online courses must meet the same admissions requirements set for the master's programs.
- US Bachelor's degree or the equivalent from an accredited college/university
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0. scale
Language Requirement for Non-native Speakers of English
Non-native speakers of English are required to provide proof of English proficiency by submitting scores from either the TOEFL or IELTS examinations.
- TOEFL minimums: 600 (paper) 250 (computer) 100 (internet)
- IELTS minimums: 7.0 overall score, 7.0 on listening and reading sub-scores and no subscore below 6.5 on writing and speaking on the Academic module
Submit the documents listed below by December 20, 2012 to be considered for the winter 2013 session.
- Complete and submit an form LPA application
- Submit copy of current resume/CV
- Submit copies of transcripts from all higher education institutions. Include transcripts for bachelor's and/or master's studies (original or copy)
- Submit copy of TOEFL or IELTS score, if you did not complete 4 years of high school and your bachelor's studies in the U.S
- Submit $50 application fee
The per unit tuition rate for GSTILE online courses in the 2012/2013 academic year is as follows:
- $1,615 for graduate credit, transferable to higher education institutions
- $807.50 for non-credit, for professional development purposes
If you have further questions about the online courses please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 831.647.4185.