December 12, 2013
Cynthia Yeh (MAIEP ‘13) has been named Sustainability Coordinator for a seafood distribution company in San Francisco. She supports the sales team with sustainability research and strenghens the marketing program for their traceable seafood products.
Cynthia shares 5 tips for landing your dream job:
- Attend networking events with specific goals in mind.
- Don’t be afraid to pick up the phone and call a stranger. Be prepared with thoughtful questions, be ready to listen more than speak and make sure you state the purpose of your call, such as information gathering or professional development opportunities.
- If you haven’t gotten the job you want, do not give up! Strategize, compromise and be creative.
- Don’t burn bridges. Be professional to all of the people you encounter in the search for your dream job.
- Ask the Center for Advising & Career Services to connect your with alumni mentors who work in your general industry and, therefore, will be able to help you get your name out there.