The Monterey Institute recently launched the MIIS International Friendship Program, matching interested international students with enthusiastic local families, and opening up the world for all involved.
Cynthia Yeh: Sustainable Seafood Outreach Coordinator in San Francisco
December 12, 2013
Cynthia Yeh (MAIEP ‘13) has been named Sustainability Coordinator for a seafood distribution company in San Francisco. She supports the sales team with sustainability research and strenghens the marketing program for their traceable seafood products.
Cynthia shares 5 tips for landing your dream job:
- Attend networking events with specific goals in mind.
- Don’t be afraid to pick up the phone and call a stranger. Be prepared with thoughtful questions, be ready to listen more than speak and make sure you state the purpose of your call, such as information gathering or professional development opportunities.
- If you haven’t gotten the job you want, do not give up! Strategize, compromise and be creative.
- Don’t burn bridges. Be professional to all of the people you encounter in the search for your dream job.
- Ask the Center for Advising & Career Services to connect your with alumni mentors who work in your general industry and, therefore, will be able to help you get your name out there.
Like this story? Here are a few suggestions:
Fast Fact: Tiffani studied Russian for 10 years.
"After graduating from the Monterey Institue, I felt confident in performing any task...putting together a sustainability..."