International Education Management students pursue unique career opportunities across youth exchange programs, university study abroad programs, and volunteer abroad programs.
Essential Job Responsibilities in the Study Abroad Field
Study Abroad Adviser
- Organizing group information sessions and giving presentations
- Providing individual advising sessions, both domestically and abroad
- Facilitating the study abroad application process
- Organizing pre-departure orientations and reentry programs
- Creating fliers, posters, videos, social media, and other marketing materials
- Visiting events and schools and giving presentations
- Maintaining network of professional contacts for the organization
- Assisting prospective students with the application process
Assistant/Associate Director, or Director
- Strategic planning and program development
- Risk management and crisis management
- Establishing partnerships with educational institutions around the world
Middlebury Institute students who are also Returned Peace Corps Volunteers shared their experiences with local middle and high school students during National Peace Corps Week, often joined by international students from the countries where they served.
Rebecca Owen and Heather Frank, both recent graduates of the Middlebury Institute’s International Education Management program, are co-organizing the “Lessons from Abroad” conference at MIIS in March.
Works for: IES Abroad
Title: Marketing Assistant
“Tierra de Agua” is new documentary film by three Monterey Institute students shedding light on the challenges related to water issues in Nicaragua. The film is part of their H2Nica campaign to raise awareness about sanitation and accessibility to clean water among developing communities in the country.
Works for: International Studies Abroad, Austin TX
Title: Coordinator of Latin America Programs, Central America & Caribbean
Works for: i-Student Group
Title: Director of Asia Pacific
Our Students' Dream Jobs in the Field
|"Become the director of a study abroad program, establishing sister universities between the U.S. and Colombia."||"Run a program that promotes educational exchange between China & the US, ultimately improving understanding between the two peoples."||"Wake up every day and work with people who are experiencing the highs and lows of being on exchange.”|