Public Administration Internships
Master of Public Administration students gain valuable professional experience and field-specific knowledge through local and international internships.
Professional Development Programs
The Development Project Management Institute (DPMI) offers an academic and professional program, DPMI Plus, designed for students with an interest in international development or project management. Students will apply DPMI tools, frameworks, and concepts in the field through completing work assignments for a particular organization.
Frontier Market Scouts (FMS) provides young professionals the opportunities to become talent scouts and investment managers serving local entrepreneurs and social-minded investors to enable the poor to scale poverty alleviation in low-income and weak-capital regions of the world.
International Professional Service Semester (IPSS) is a professional immersion program where students serve as junior professional staff members in a broad range of internationally-focused organizations, and receive credit for deliverables integrating their academic and professional work.
Here are a few examples of summer or semester-long internships or research assistantships our students have obtained over the past year:
- USAID, Office of HIV/AIDS, Global Health Fellowship Program, Washington, DC
- Winrock International, BRIDGE Program, Juba, South Sudan
- Community Partnership for Youth (CPY), Seaside, CA
- Environmental Defense Fund (EDF), Ocean Innovations, San Francisco, CA
- U.S. Department of State, U.S. Consulate General, Barcelona, Spain
- (it's) Up To You Too Foundation, Kenya Field Office, Nairobi, Kenya
Students may create and customize their own opportunities or tap into our global network to pursue international internships.
Students in the Public Administration program are regularly awarded some of the most prestigious fellowships in their fields including: