Tell me more about the field project and presentation...
(NOW OPTIONAL) IPSS fellows participate in 2-3 weeks January professional training prior to departing for their assignments. This course will focus on:
- Understanding host organizations and organizational perspective
- Acquiring key consultancy skills
- Research and project design
- Essential excel, web, and social media tools
- Interpersonal communication and public speaking skills
- Insight and lessons from distinguished practitioners and IPSS alumni
- The cornerstone of the academic component of the program is an ambitious field project completed by IPSS fellows while on assignment. The project should present value for their host organizations and help fellows apply and advance skill and expertise essential for their own career aspirations. The fellows will benefit from peer feedback and mentor guidance while working on their field projects.
- All IPSS fellows will present their work to their organization by August. A recording of this presentation will be reviewed by IPSS faculty and students will meet remotely with faculty in mid- August for feedback on this presentation.