Tell me more about the field project and presentation...
IPSS fellows can participate in a 2 week January professional training prior to departing for their assignments. These workshops will focus on:
- High-Value Organizational Consulting
- Designing and Evaluating Interventions
- Applied Qualitative Data Collection and Analysis
- Quantitative Data Analysis in a Professional Setting Using Excel
- Social Media Tools: Managing and Leveraging Your Organization’s Message
- The cornerstone of the academic component of the program is an ambitious field project completed by IPSS fellows while on assignment. The project should present value for their host organizations and help fellows apply and advance skills and expertise essential for their own career aspirations. The fellows will benefit from peer feedback and mentor guidance while working on their field projects.
- All IPSS fellows will present their work to their organization by August. Fellows will then present in a webinar format to MIIS faculty and staff in mid-August.