IPSS is offered every spring semester (Jan-Aug).
Students interested in learning more about IPSS are encouraged to attend a fall or spring information session. These one-two hour sessions familiarize interested students with the program, its expectations, and rigorous academic components.
Estimated time commitment: 2-3 hours including writing test
1. Complete the following:
- An updated resume (submit online)
- A degree map outlining all semesters of completed and potential graduate coursework showing how the student plans to participate in IPSS (keep for your own records; no submission required)
- A personal statement to the "IPSS Selection Committee." Statement outlines what you hope to accomplish through this program.
- Completed online IPSS application, including departments for the applicant's top three placement organizations. A confirmed placement is not expected at this time; only the names or organizations where you would like to complete your IPSS next year.
2. Take a writing test. One hour problem analysis memorandum exercise. You can attend any one of these testing windows. No RSVP required. All tests will take place in McCone 215 near the GSIPM front desk.
- Wednesday, April 5 (9-10am)
- Thursday, April 6 (11-12pm)
- Tuesday, April 11 (12-1pm)
- Wednesday, April 12 (11-12pm)
- Thursday, April 13 (11-12pm)
- Friday, April 14 (9-10am)
3.) The IPSS Program will notify everyone by May 1, 2017 of their acceptance or denial status.
View the online application with detailed instructions.