AIIC (International Association of Conference Interpreters)
Home page of the International Association of Conference Interpreters with information for beginners and students, interpretation news, job opportunities, a webzine, and more. (Cookies must be enabled).
The Interpreter Diaries Blog
A blog that takes readers through the different phases of an interpreter’s life and work, sharing details on everything from preparation for post-graduate training to testing at the institutions and beyond. The author is a professional conference interpreter and trainer.
Interpreters Division of American Translators Association
Chapter of the ATA specifically for interpreters, with articles, tips, resources, and news of organized events.
A free, community-driven Q&A website about interpreting. The target community for this site is professional or occasional interpreters, interpreting students, their trainers but also buyers and users of interpreting services and other stakeholders in the conference industry.
Interpreting for Europe
Career opportunities for interpreters with the European Union with information on hiring and links to Interpretation Directorates for the different branches of the EU.
Logotec Language Services
Commercial site but with many useful links to professional associations for translators and interpreters all over the world, dictionaries, termbanks, glossaries and EU sites.
National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators (NAJIT)
Nonprofit professional association based in Seattle. Provides valuable links and an FAQ on court interpreting as well as selected articles from their quarterly newsletter Proteus.
National Council on Interpreting in Health Care (NCIHC)
Home page of the national association for health care interpreters.
Master list of glossaries for UN interpreters with links to many multilingual glossaries dealing with subjects of interest to the UN, in the six official UN languages - English, French, Spanish, Russian, Chinese and Arabic.
A webzine for conference interpreters and the conference industry in English and French from AIIC.
ATA Chronicle, and more
Publications of the Interpreters Division of the American Translators Association.
Selected articles from Proteus, the newsletter of the National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators.
TRANSlating & INTerpreting
Refereed international journal of translation and interpreting research, hosted by the University of Western Sydney's Interpreting and Translation Research Node. For researchers, educators, students and practitioners of interpreting and translation, as well as others interested in the discipline.
Periodicals in the MIIS Library
- Across Languages and Cultures (print and online)
- ATA Chronicle
- Forum: International Journal of Interpretation and Translation
- International Journal of Interpreter Education (print and online)
- L'Interprète: bulletin de l'Association d'interprètes et de traducteurs
- The Interpreter and Translator Trainer (print and online)
- The Interpreters' Newsletter
- Interpreting: international journal of research and practice in interpreting
- MDU: Fachzeitschrift für Dolmetscher und Übersetzer
- Мосты: журнал переводчиков ("Mosty" in catalog)
- Sendebar: boletín de la E.U.T.I. de Granada (print and online)
- Translation and Interpreting Studies: The Journal of the American Translation and Interpreting Studies Association (print and online)
Books on Interpreting in the MIIS Library
Find resources at the following call numbers in all collections:
|HV2402||Sign Language Interpreting|
|K2155||Court Interpreting (+ more letters/numbers added on for specific regions or countries)|
|P306||General T&I books|
|P306.2||T&I Study and Teaching (also very general, includes notetaking)|
|P306.6||Vocational Guidance (downstairs in Career collection)|
|P306.8||T&I related to a specific region or country|
|P306.9||Collective Biographies of Translators and Interpreters|
|P306.92||Individual Biographies of Translators and Interpreters|
|P306.947||Public Service Interpreting|
Also try entering the following SUBJECT headings in the online catalog search box:
- Translating and interpreting (everything generally or + subcategory)
- Court interpreting and translating (+ country or region if desired)
- Consecutive interpreting
- Simultaneous interpreting
- Public service interpreting
- Health facilities--Translating services
- Sign language--Translating
- Translating and interpreting--Vocational guidance
- Translators--(+Country optional)--Biography