Summer Intensive College English
The Middlebury-Monterey Summer Intensive College English program is uniquely designed to support international students who would like to attend undergraduate programs in the United States.
The foundation of the program is coursework in the English language skills necessary for academic success. Students also learn about American history and culture through content covered in class as well as field trips to nearby Boston and New York.
- College environment where English is spoken 24 hours a day/7 days a week
- Students live in residence halls on the campus of Salve Regina University in Newport, Rhode Island
- Over 20 hours of instruction per week in English for Academic Purposes
- Focused instruction on listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills and strategies
- Content to build knowledge and understanding of U.S. history and culture
- Life skills workshops that help prepare you for the college experience
- Access to all campus resources, including the library, computing centers and recreational facilities
- Co-curricular activities including field trips to Boston and New York as well as sporting, cultural and social events
This summer we will be offering two sessions:
The six-week session from June 30 - August 12, 2014, is intended for students at the high-intermediate to advanced levels. Students may earn up to 4.0 units of college credit for the program. Students must submit a minimum TOEFL (463 paper-based or 49 internet-based) or IELTS score (4.5) for admittance into this session.
The four-week session from July 14 - August 12, 2014, is intended for students at the low intermediate level and higher. Students must submit a self-evaluation and an English language teacher evaluation for admittance into this session.
Have questions? Please contact our office.