To apply for the English Preparation for Graduate Studies program, please submit an online application by clicking the "Apply Now" button below.*
*Incoming MIIS students should not submit an application. Please email us for more information if you are an incoming student.
IMPORTANT! Before starting the application:
1. You will need to select the following to access the English Preparation for Graduate Studies application:
School: Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
Level: Short Term Language Programs
Please see the screenshot below as a guide:
2. Prepare and type your short essays. You will copy and paste this statement into the application. Here are the questions you will need to answer:
- describe your academic background
- describe your program of study after completing EPGS
- what English skill(s) do you consider your strongest
- what English skill(s) do you think need the most improvement
- what is your TOEFL or IELTS test score (we will request verification of this score at a later date). Your iBT TOEFL score must be an 80 or above. Your IELTS score must be 6.5 or above.
3. Have a credit card ready to pay the non-refundable application fee of $50.00. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card and Diners Club.
Paper applications are available by request by emailing email@example.com.
After completing the application:
Applicants are required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score. Score reports should be sent directly to the Admissions Office of the Middlebury Institute of International Studies. For TOEFL score submissions, use the four-digit institution code 4507. A department code is not required.
After applicants are accepted into the EPGS program, they will receive a welcome packet with an official letter of acceptance. For those applicants who require immigration documents, detailed instructions on how to obtain an I-20 document for F-1 visa status will be sent to you upon admission into the program.